- USB Driver Install this .inf file to use the printer's USB port as a virtual serial port.
Note: Set the printer's USB COMM Mode to "Virtual Serial."
- MPCL Toolbox This easy-to-use utility helps you configure your printer, download files, and create downloadable soft fonts. The utility also supports serial (COM), parallel (LPT), and ethernet (TCP/IP) connections.
Using a USB flash drive, you can update:
- printer bootloader (r46*.bin)
- printer firmware (a46*.bin)
- RFID firmware (a84*.bin)
- RFID inlay database (d46*.db) Printer Firmware does include an RFID Database so you only need to update if a new inlay is released prior to a new printer firmware. Contact Service if you have any questions.
Note: The USB thumb drive must be Un-Encrypted Fat32 format.
Check the firmware release notes before downloading files, you may need a new bootloader. If you need a new bootloader, update it in the printer before updating any printer or RFID firmware.
After updating firmware, you may need to resend your wireless network settings to the printer.
If you have any questions about updating the printer's firmware, call Customer Service and ask for Technical Support before continuing.
Click here to download the files you will need to update the bootloader, firmware and RFID firmware.